Here at Jo+Jax, we believe Thanksgiving isn’t just a day or even a week — we’re all about getting grateful all year long. Check back here on Thursday for more about how you can spread the thankful-themed goodness — and win a Jo+Jax outfit!
‘Tis the season to be extra thankful. Thanksgiving is just two days away, and that has us feeling holly, jolly, good, and grateful. Here are a few things — big, small, silly, and serious — we’re especially thankful for this year…
1. Finding a stray bobby pin in your dance bag, jacket pocket, or pointe shoe when you really need one.
2. Dance BFFs. Everyone knows your dance besties know you in a totally different way than your school friends. They just get it. Always.
4. Netflix, and the fact that watching the entire Gilmore Girls series over the course of a single weekend can somehow feel productive and not completely lazy.
5. Peanut butter. Almond butter. Sunflower seed butter. All the butters.
6. Finally nailing your triple pirouette — on the left.
7. Hot showers on cold days.
8. Taylor. Ariana. Nicki. Missy. 1D. 5SOS. Biebs. And every recording artist, actor, actress, director, and choreographer who values dancers in the industry. Boo-yeah!
9. The Hamilton soundtrack. On repeat. All day, every day.
10. New shoes. Pointe shoes, tap shoes, wedges, boots, flip flops — all of ’em.
11. Getting a hug from someone — your friend, your dance teacher, your mom — when you really need one but didn’t want to ask for it.
12. Thanksgiving leftovers! The first meal is good. The day-after meal, though? Oh baby. Get that stuffing in the microwave, stat!
13. Fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. (And stealing spoonfuls of raw dough when mom isn’t looking.) And a glass of milk.
14. PUPPIES. Or cats. Whichever you’re into.
15. Our health, safety, family, and friends. All the little things are great, but never lose sight of the most important things in life.
What are you thankful for this year? Share in the comments!
And remember to stop by the blog on Thanksgiving Day to learn how you can spread the thankful-themed goodness — and win a Jo+Jax outfit!