In true holiday spirit this February, we are celebrating the month of love! In the dance world, it’s more than JUST the season of love. It’s the most stressful time of the year for many dancers…
You guessed it: #AUDITIONSEASON!!!
While our bodies are tired and our spirits may be depleted from one rejection to the next, sometimes it’s worthwhile to take a step back and smell the roses. In this post, we are sharing some of our top reasons to enjoy the season and kick the dread to the curb.
- You get to see your friends everyday. When audition season is in full swing, it isn’t uncommon to sit in holding rooms for hours on end waiting for your chance to dance. This is a great time to chill with friends + even make new ones. A good ice breaker? Compliment that JJ Leo. It’s probably super cute.
- Auditions = opportunity. As dancers, we crave opportunities to get jobs. When auditions are slow, we don’t have many shots to perform. Enjoy this time of steady work coming your way. You never know which audition will lead to a job.
- Free dance class, anyone? Dance class is expensive — $22 a pop, on average! Dance auditions are more like free dance classes. It’s also awesome exposure to get your face in front of working choreographers.
- Your face will always look fresh. That full beat post-audition look will have you looking chic + ready to take on your day!
- You’ll scroll less. When you’re busy, you’ll spend less time being on your phone and more time making your dreams happen. From auditions to work to class, who has time to check the insta?
- You’ll have a reason to #treatyoself. Nothing feels better than a good audition, and nothing feels worse than a bad audition. No matter the outcome, building a post-audition ritual to show yourself some self love after a hard days work will keep your mental game strong.
- You might book the job! Last but not least, what we love most about audition season is simple: BOOKING THE JOB. Go get ‘em!
Tag your JJ audition look on Instagram this audition season!