Back to school means back to busy. And that means back to not really having time to whip up the delicious, elaborate lunches you got used to (or got used to your parents making) all summer long. But fear not: You can definitely keep eating well and taking great care of yourself without spending a ton of time meal prepping (or resorting to buying the school lunch because, trust us, no matter what the school says, the tomato sauce on your lukewarm piece of pizza does not count as a vegetable).
Here are some Instagram-worthy lunch ideas that’ll keep you feeling full and ready to tackle your afternoon classes and a long night at the studio. All you’ll need is a cute compartmentalized tupperware set, something from each of the categories below, and you’re ready to rock.
First, power up with protein. Pick one of the following every day:
- Tuna fish (skip the mayo, just drain it out of the can and eat it on top of cucumber slices)
- Turkey, ham, roast beef, or chicken deli slices (roll ’em up with avocado or put them on a sandwich)
- Two hard-boiled eggs
- Baby carrots
- Cucumber slices
- Bell pepper slices
Want something carb-y, nutty, cheesy, or a little good fatty? Try these options:
- Half an avocado sprinkled with sea salt
- A handful of almonds or cashews
- A peanut butter and banana sandwich on sprouted grain or whole wheat bread
- String cheese
- An apple
- An orange
- A pear
- A banana
And of course, end with a sweet treat:
- A cup of chocolate pudding
- A few pieces of dark chocolate
Lunch never looked — and tasted — so good!