It’s almost that time of year: time for the Jo+Jax Model Search!
Every year we look to you to become the newest face of Jo+Jax. All you have to do is enter on our Facebook page starting April 1. Once you upload your best dance photo, share it and get your friends to vote for you. The 10 dancers with the most votes will all receive $100 Jo+Jax gift cards, then we’ll pick an overall winner who will receive a $1,000 Jo+Jax shopping spree and a trip to New York City to be a featured model in our 2015 photo shoot!
We know you have what it takes—but how can you stand out from the hundreds of other Jo+Jax model hopefuls? Here’s Joey Dowling’s insider advice.
- We want to see you. Even though you might have a great picture that shows off your awesome leap or crazy extension, if your face isn’t showing, that’s not the best picture for you to use. We want to see your face. If you’re absolutely dying to show us your leap but your face isn’t showing, then do a Pic Stitch entry—that way you get to show us a picture of your face and your skills.
- Lighting is key. Make sure your photo is well lit.
- Choose a photo that shows off your personality!
- Once you’ve entered the contest, get people involved. The more people you get involved, the more votes you get.
- Most importantly, enter! Just go for it.
Not convinced yet? Here are some words of wisdom from our past Model Search winners.
- “You can do anything you set your mind to. Make a Facebook page and build a team of people to vote for you. Hard work pays off, so start looking for your favorite dance photos and get ready to enter!” —2013 winner Lacey Evans
- “Make sure you stand out. Choose pictures that highlight your most noticeable features—like your eyes—and make a collage of them. Be persistent on social media. Use your network—it’s your most valuable resource. Be outgoing and do whatever it takes to win!” —2014 winner Rachel Showerman
We can’t wait to see your photos. Start snapping and get ready to enter on April 1!